OSHA HAZWOPER 8 Hour Annual Refresher Online | 40 Hour Course | 24 Hour Course
HAZWOPER 8 Hour Refresher Course
When supplemented with site-specific information, this course meets the OSHA requirements in 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual refresher training for workers conducting clean-up operations at hazardous waste sites.
This AdvanceOnline HAZWOPER 8-Hour Refresher course covers: an overview of the HAZWOPER regulation, recent HAZWOPER developments, rules for a well-designed safety and health program, information about recognizing hazards, methods for controlling workplace hazards, information on PPE, rules and tools for monitoring hazards and conducting medical surveillance, confined space entry procedures, decontamination and emergency response procedures, and site-specific requirements.
In addition, this course includes information on these safety topics: materials handling guidelines, emergency preparedness, stairs, ladders, and scaffolds, general safety requirements for welding and cutting, and safely using flammable and combustible liquids in specific workplace settings
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Find the HAZWOPER regulation and the related resources provided by OSHA, recognize the main topics of the HAZWOPER regulation, and list the general training requirements.
- Recognize the HAZWOPER 8-hour refresher training requirements, list recent changes in the law that may affect HAZWOPER employees, and apply lessons learned from the mistakes of others to avoid hazardous materials incidents at your workplace.
- Identify the components that should be present in your workplace safety and health program as required by the HAZWOPER regulations.
- Identify how the employer recognizes hazards through the site characterization and analysis and how the employee identifies hazards on the job.
- Identify the different methods of controlling hazards at the workplace.
- Identify how to select the appropriate level and type PPE for workplace hazards while recognizing the potential hazards of PPE use.
- Identify the air monitoring and medical surveillance requirements for monitoring the hazards faced by workers involved in hazardous waste operations.
- Recognize the hazards and safe entry procedures for working in and around a confined space.
- Recognize the HAZWOPER rules for decontamination and emergency response.
- Recognize the site-specific requirements for a HAZWOPER jobsite.
- Identify the general safety guidelines for materials handling, the proper way to manually handle materials, and the rules for moving and storing materials.
- Explain the OSHA requirements for exit routes and Emergency Action plans.
- Recognize safe work practices for installing, maintaining, and using stairs, ladders, and scaffolds.
- Outline the general safety requirements for welding and cutting.
- Match safety rules for flammable and combustible liquids with specific workplace settings, including industrial plants, bulk plants, service stations, processing plants, refineries, chemical plants, and distilleries.
This course is intended for all general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
This refresher course is intended ONLY for those who have already completed the 40-hour or 24-hour HAZWOPER training.
OSHA - 29 CFR 1910.120
IACET Continuing Education Units
AdvanceOnline Solutions, Inc. is Authorized by IACET to Offer .8 CEUs for This Program.