OSHA 24 Hour Hazwoper Training Online
OSHA has developed the HAZWOPER 24 hour program to protect workers at hazardous sites and has devised extensive regulations to ensure their safety and health.
The OSHA HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard) program was designed for workers and supervisory personnel that do not fall under the 40 hour training requirements of 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3)(ii) and 29 CFR 1926.65(e)(3)(iii).
I OSHA standards require employees to complete appropriate HAZWOPER training prior to entering or beginning work on an uncontrolled hazardous waste operation.
This course covers broad issues pertaining to the hazard recognition at work sites. This course, while identifying different types of hazards, also suggests possible precautions and protective measures to reduce or eliminate hazards at the work place.
While the 24 Hour HAZWOPER course gives students a thorough overview to the equipment that is available to HAZWOPER workers, it does not cover it in the same detail as the 40-hour Hazwoper training, nor does it require any hands-on training. Our online HAZWOPER training is OSHA-compliant.
This course fulfills your requirements for certification under 29 CFR, Part 1910.120 (q), or other applicable state regulations for certification to the 24-hour Occasional Site Worker level.
Enroll Now in Our 24 Hour Online HAZWOPER Course
OSHA Online 24-Hour HAZWOPER Training
This course is 100% online with full narration and includes interactive exercises, tests and engaging course material. You will learn different hazard management and hazardous waste regulations per OSHA and other federal safety agency standards.
Immediate Downloadable Certificate Upon Completion Plus Laminated Wallet Card by Mail
Once you successfully complete your 24 Hour HAZWOPER training, you may download, save or print a certificate of completion. A PVC credit card type wallet ID, with optional photo, is mailed within 24 hours by US mail to the address supplied when you enroll. Please be sure that your address is correct in your account.
A qualified HAZWOPER instructor will be available to you by using our instructor hotline or e-mail us your questions. You will typically receive a response within an hour and be guaranteed one within 24 hours. This is a critical advantage to our quality program.
Hazwoper 24 Hour Course Time to Completion
Once you enroll in the OSHAHAZWOPER 24 Hour Training course you will have 6 months to successfully complete the course. If you do not complete the course in 6 months you will not receive a certificate for course completion.
Required Annual Refresher Training
OSHA requires that employees, managers and supervisors need to successfully complete an 8-Hour refresher course annually after the initial 24 or 40 hour HAZWOPER training course. We offer 8-hour OSHA HAZWOPER refresher courses for employees and supervisors on our HAZWOPER menu at the top of this page.
The OSHA 24 hour HAZWOPER course has been reviewed and accepted by OSHA for online distribution.
Fully Narrated and Interactive Course
This course is 100% online with full narration and includes interactive exercises, tests and engaging course material. You will learn different hazard management and hazardous waste regulations per OSHA and other federal safety agency standards. The entire course consists of 5 modules containing 23 lessons.
Course Lessons Include
- 24 and 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training Overview
- Introduction and HAZWOPER Overview
- Regulatory Overview
- Safety and Health Program
- Medical Surveillance
- The Hazard Communication Standard
- Physical and Chemical Properties
- Site Characterization and Analysis
- Site Control
- General Safety Hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Chemical Protective Clothing
- Medical Considerations for Wearing Chemical Protective Clothing
- Gas Detection Basics
- Sampling Methods and Procedures
- Handling Containers and Managing Spills
- HAZWOPER Emergency Response
- Confined Space Overview
- Summary and Conclusion
Hazwoper 24 Hour Course Testing
This course has 5 module exams based upon the 5 modules. Students are required to complete each exam once they complete all the sections within the corresponding module. The intention is that students take the corresponding exam while the information is still fresh. THERE IS NO FINAL EXAM.
Each exam consists of 20 questions randomly selected from a large pool of questions. A 70% score or better is required to pass each exam. If a student does not pass the exam the first time, they may retake the exam as many times as necessary in order to pass.
This 24-Hour HAZWOPER course fulfills OSHA requirements as listed under CFR Part 1910.120. Upon successful completion of this OSHA accepted 24-hour HAZWOPER training, you will be able to print your official Safety Unlimited certificate and your wallet card will be shipped by US mail the next day.
Who Should Take This Course
This online course meets training requirements for employees, such as:
- Newly Hired Workers
- Hazardous Material Specialists and Technicians
- On-Scene Incident Commanders
- Any employee requiring a 24-Hour HAZWOPER course
* Per 1910.120(e)(4), Management and supervisor training may be reduced from 40 hours to 24 hours and one day if the only area of their responsibility is employees covered by paragraphs (e)(3)(ii) and (e)(3)(iii)) under this part, and at least eight additional hours of specialized training at the time of job assignment on such topics as, but not limited to, the employer's safety and health program and the associated employee training program, personal protective equipment program, spill containment program, and health hazard monitoring procedure and techniques.
Course Pre-requisites None
Upgrade an Existing 24 Hour Certification to a 40 Hour Certification
If you are in doubt as to whether to take the 24-hour HAZWOPER course or the 40-hour HAZWOPER course, we recommend you take the 40-hour course. However, students that have taken the 24 Hour HAZWOPER course can upgrade to the 40 Hour HAZWOPER level by taking an additional 16 hours of training. This can be accomplished by taking the 16 Hour HAZWOPER Upgrade (available on our HAZWOPER menu at the top of this page). Also, there is no time limit on when the additional 16 hours of training can be added to the 24 hours of initial training.
Learning Objectives - HAZWOPER 24 HOUR
- Describe OSHA and the HAZWOPER Regulation and other laws related to the HAZWOPER worker
- Describe the training requirements for HAZWOPER workers
- Explain the importance of an effective Health and Safety Program
- List the components of an effective Medical Surveillance Program
- Perform site characterization and control by identifying site hazards and implementing steps to minimize these hazards
- Recognize hazardous substances and research their hazards utilizing various reference sources
- Understand basic toxicology principles and how they relate to chemical exposure
- Select and utilize proper personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the HAZWOPER worker
- Understand medical considerations of wearing Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC)
- Understand decontamination methods and the principles of decontamination
- Understand the physical and chemical properties of hazardous substances
- Understand the importance of emergency preparedness
- Demonstrate an awareness of confined spaces
- Perform hazardous substance spill and containment techniques
- Describe various sampling methods and procedures
- Understand the detection and monitoring tools available to the HAZWOPER worker