Increase your awareness of the hazards of working with or around cranes while complying with OSHA standards. You'll learn specific ways you can work safely around these potentially hazardous machines, including pre-operational and periodic inspections. The course also covers the proper way to rig and move a load.
Who Needs This Course?
This course is intended for employees, managers, and business owners who need to operate overhead and gantry cranes, including maintenance crews and riggers.
What Will You Learn?
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- The basics of crane safety, including distinguishing between bridge and gantry cranes and safe work practices.
- The importance of daily pre-operational inspections and how to perform periodic inspections.
- Steps to rig the load properly.
- How to prepare and execute the lift and move loads safely.
OSHA — 29 CFR 1910.179
- Narration and easy navigation
- Interactive lessons
- Supplementary material
- Links to regulations
- Real-world scenarios
- Objective-based exams