Permit-required confined spaces (PRCS) are found throughout industry. Furnaces, vaults, tanks, sewers, and countless other types of workspaces are confined spaces per OSHA. In this course, you will learn how to recognize and safely work in permit-required confined spaces. You will also learn what to do if conditions change or if an emergency arises while you're working in any PRSC.
Who Needs This Course?
If your job requires that you enter a permit-required confined space, you must be properly trained on PRSC to ensure your safety and the safety of your coworkers.
What Will You Learn?
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the Permit-Required Confined Spaces Standard and employer responsibilities under the standard.
- Identify industries and businesses covered by the PRCS Standard.
- Define hazards that could be found in a non-permit-required confined space and/or a permit-required confined space.
- Classify confined spaces using information provided to you.
OSHA — 29 CFR 1910.146
Continuing Education Units
- Narration and easy navigation
- Interactive lessons
- Supplementary material
- Links to regulations
- Real-world scenarios
- Objective-based exams
- Continuing Education Units