Most accidents involving ladders can be attributed to improper use, unsafe work conditions, or a lack of safety training.
This course teaches basic safety for any employee who will work on a ladder. Main topics include: ladder hazards, the OSHA ladder standard, ladder selection and ladder maintenance.
Who Needs This Course?
This course is intended for all employees who use ladders in the workplace.
What Will You Learn?
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the regulatory standards that govern the use of ladders in the workplace.
- Identify general and design requirements specific to ladder construction, use, and maintenance.
- Describe the hazards and injuries associated with ladder use and the major causes for ladder related injuries.
- Select the appropriate ladder for your specific job tasks.
- Set up and properly use a ladder.
- Inspect a ladder for signs of wear or damage and assure the ladder is properly maintained.
OSHA — 29 CFR 1926 Subpart X Construction and 1910.25-.27 General Industry
Continuing Education Units
- Narration and easy navigation
- Interactive lessons
- Supplementary material
- Links to regulations
- Real-world scenarios
- Objective-based exams
- Continuing Education Units