Permit-required confined spaces (PRCS) are found throughout industry. Furnaces, vaults, tanks, sewers, and countless other types of workspaces are confined spaces according to OSHA. Employees enter these spaces on a regular basis to perform various activities.
If you enter a permit-required confined space, you must be properly trained to ensure your safety and the safety of your coworkers.
In this course, you will learn how to recognize and safely work in permit-required confined spaces. You will also learn what to do if conditions change or if an emergency situation arises while you're working in a permit-required confined space.
Who Needs This Course?
This course is intended for all employees who enter confined spaces.
What Will You Learn?
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the Permit-Required Confined Spaces Standard and employer responsibilities under the Standard.
- Identifyindustries and businesses covered by the Permit-Required Confined Spaces Standard.
- Define hazards that may be found in a non-permit-required confined space and a permit-required confined space.
- Classify confined spaces using information provided to you.
OSHA — 29 CFR 1910.146
Continuing Education Units
- Narration and easy navigation
- Interactive lessons
- Supplementary material
- Links to regulations
- Real-world scenarios
- Objective-based exams
- Continuing Education Units.