Learn how to protect yourself from airborne contaminants in the workplace. Main topics include pollutants in the workplace, classes of respirators, respiratory selection, using the respirator, and OSHA regulatory requirements.
Who Needs This Course?
OSHA's Respiratory Protection Standard applies to general industry, construction, shipyard, longshoring, and marine terminal workplaces. The regulations establish uniform guidelines for protecting workers working in hazardous environments. This course is for any employee or manager in a workplace where respirators are used on a mandatory or voluntary basis.
What Will You Learn?
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Specify the requirements of OSHA's Respiratory Protection Standard.
- List the components of a respiratory protection program.
- Identify how to detect airborne contaminants in the workplace, assess their dangers, and protect against them.
- Select, use, and maintain appropriate respiratory protection for your workplace.
OSHA — 29 CFR 1910.146
Continuing Education Units
- Narration and easy navigation
- Interactive lessons
- Supplementary material
- Links to regulations
- Real-world scenarios
- Objective-based exams
- Continuing Education Units