Our online MSHA Part 46 New Miner and Current Miner courses are designed to provide students comprehensive mine safety training. The courses cover similar topics but are geared to meet the experience levels of the students. Every working miner needs this crucial knowledge and skill base to create a safer work environment to prevent accidents and save lives.
The training provided in both of our Part 46 New Miner and the Current/Experienced Miner Refresher courses cover similar safety topics but address the knowledge needed based on level of experience. The New Miner course introduces the following topics, while the Refresher Miner course explores the same topics but on a higher lever appropriate to miners already working in the field.
MSHA Part 46 online course topics include:
- Electrical Hazards
- Emergency Evacuation and Fire Escape
- First Aid
- Ground Control
- Hazard Communication
- Health and Safety Aspects of Assigned Tasks
- Introduction to Work Environment
- Line of Authority
- Mandatory Health and Safety Standards
- Miner Rights
- Prevention of Accidents
- Self-Rescue and Respiratory Devices
- Transportation Controls and Communication Systems